Arguably, age comes from within and it is more important to feel youthful and vibrant than to simply look that way. Your skin plays an important part in how you feel about your age. The health of your skin can determine how healthy you actually think about yourself.
How Age Affects Skin
When your skin ages there are telltale signs:
• Fine lines and “crow’s feet” appear around the eyes
• Dryness in areas of the face or other regions of the body
• Sagging, droopy skin which leads to a “tired” look
• Wrinkles near eyes, nose, forehead, neck and other areas
• Listless dull coloration without the youthful “glow”
The elasticity in the skin deteriorates as you age, which contributes to the appearance of many of these signs of aging. Also the dermal layers of your skin begin to thin which reduces its ability to regenerate. Muscles may not be as tight and the softness of the skin goes away as moisture is not retained as easily.
There are several ways to help in reducing the signs of aging skin:
1. Eat a healthy diet – pay attention to the foods you consume and what impact they may have on your skin.
2. Exercise – even walking can help your blood circulation which will improve your skin. Exercise will also help to tighten muscles, even in the face and neck.
3. Clean – make sure you use a skin cleanser that is safe for your particular skin type. Clean once or twice a day to remove dust, dirt and other particles.
4. Anti-aging treatments – there are some anti-aging creams and treatments on the market that can be quite effective in reducing the signs of aging. Pick a product that is clinically proven as effective and is dermatologist tested.